Friday, September 16, 2011

No warranty implied or stated

Thinking about the hurricane coming in over Newfoundland, and the changes in technology that allow us to know about severe weather happening near and far... I wondered once again if the weather is changing or the knowledge of it is. Which led to the immutable global warming thought process...which led to my determination that no one ever said the planet or our ecosystem would stay the same. I get that we are causing damage and should minimize it. I get that we cling like barnacles to the concept of how things should be and we resist change in all of the things we do. But... there's no implicit or explicit promise that THIS is the way things are supposed to be.

We as humans need to try to blend in a little better with this sphere we call earth and minimize our impact while rolling with the punches and nudges of change. And that was my amazing thought process this morning, which I had to record before it was beat out of me with the sledgehammer we call work.

Blogged,
Ande

No comments:

JOY walks here... PEACE follows... COMFORT saves...

This is where life should be lived