Sunday, November 14, 2010

Another CAT scan Friday...

Think I'll be able to tell y'all I am one year tumor free??? I'm thinking so! Which reminds me, I got the contrast CT six months ago and didn't die. Fooled them! My left foot is still always cold - it's become a bit of a running joke between Dr. Debertin and I, as I ask about it every time I am in. Of course, he has to determine that it is, in fact, still colder than the right, every time. And he always seems so surprised.

I had allergy testing and found out I am allergic to all the foods I normally eat - beef, cinnamon, strawberries, bananas, apples...etc... and many I don't eat at all for fear of death - salmon, mussels, shrimp, lobster, clams, scallops... and food preservatives...Interesting! I am eating none of those things now (as much as possible - food preservatives? - everywhere!) and I am having a lot less night time illness.

The blood pressure is still a mess, but we are working on it. Medication is a better option than surgery on the artery, says my nephrologist. I respect his opinion, but I'm getting tired of the high BP. Four meds and counting, and med number 4 has changed every three months this year. This one isn't working either.

I think I need to go back to the old fashioned way to treat this - lose weight. I can now run 6.5 km and want to run more and more (I just neeed a little more daylight!) and I am not losing a pound... but it may be stress - up for a big promotion at work. Work-life balance is so important - and so difficult to achieve. I think it's the right move, but it is a big job. And a lot of people will be counting on me to make their work lives better.

Of course it may also be the Halloween candy!
Love you all...
a

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you! Your attitude keeps me going... you inspire me.

Frankie

JOY walks here... PEACE follows... COMFORT saves...

This is where life should be lived