Thursday, August 06, 2009

Update - Bert is now Burl!

Bert has been renamed Burl! Why...because of the song, Goodbye Earl! Sing it with me....Goodbye, Burl! That was Olive's idea yesterday!

My wonderful Dr. Debertin has already sent my information to the neurosurgeon, we should have an appointment time call back next week, he thinks. It was actually nice to see Dr. Debertin again, he looks just like I remember, with just maybe a few new grey hair, and what a fabulous sense of humor he has. I didn't remember how funny he is!

I enjoyed the opprortunity to kind of recap 20 years of my life fairly quick. :)

***This post was temporarily suspended so that I could run to get a printer at Cox. It is now MUCH MUCH later.***

While I was at Cox asking to see Maggie, who had just stepped out to lunch, the guy had to get the phone....it was for me. :) Have to love a small town. It was Olive, Dr. Debertin's office had called and wanted me to call them before 4. I decided to just drive over there, since I had an hour to kill until Maggie got back.

Since I am clearly tired, I can't remember the name of the neurosurgeon...even though I have been saying it all day. Dr. Debertin said their office would call me within the next couple weeks with an appointment, and not to worry about the medicare, they have a special form and blah blah blah. WOW, huh? Thank you Canada oh great land of love and free healthcare! Thank you taxpayers! Dr. D said he had never heard of the form but it meant no 90 day wait for reinstatement of coverage, because I am a CANADIAN! Love it! That means my money worries are much much relieved.

He did present an interesting way of looking at the possibility of a biopsy, which everyone knows I am 100% against (or, at least I was.) He said, if you onlyhave four months to live, do you want to spend two of them recovering from surgery? Good point. Made me rethink a bit. However, as we are all aware, there is nothing I can't kick, and this will be no different. I will live to be the crazy cat lady. Woohoo!

I went to see Ella's play this evening, the Faery's Kiss, and it was wonderful. It is so fun to go somewhere and have half the audience wave when you walk in. Wooh, it was hot in there though! She mentioned that Dr. Tom had been to Dr. W - the neurosurgeon with no name - the day prior and had mentioned me so when Dr. D called, he was a tiny bit familiar. I very much appreciate the love everyone is showing me. Blessings, falling from the sky.

After the play we came home for Mom's homemade ice cream and a lively raspberry filled cake she had made. She also made us an amazing dinner tonight, Chicken Salad Piccata from the Rachel Ray recipes I absconded with from the doctor's office in Texas. Funny moment: I confessed to ripping them out of the magazine and my doctor said "This isn't the time to be worried about that!" to which I replied "Great, hand me the rest of the magazine then!"

In honor of the evening's entertainment:
Cast Of Characters: (since some readers are not in the full Mosher family loopage...)
Olive: Amazing sister whom I love
Maggie: Beautiful nice, daughter of Jessie, amazing sister whom I love. Maggie works at Cox, an electronics store, and has been voted "Family IT person."
Dr. Debertin: Childhood doctor (technically teenhood), with amazing sense of humor. Smart, AND funny!
Ella: Cousin from my mother's father's side... geesh. Cousin somehow, anyways, whom I love. Hooked me back up with Dr. D, who accepted me back as a patient thanks to this wonderful woman, who also is an amazing Actor. I practically lived at Ella's house as a teen. Tuesdays were at Ella's!
Dr. Tom: Ella's husband, kind intelligent surgeon who is rather stuck with a lot of random family bits like me by marriage and yet accepts it all with grace.
Dr. W: The as yet unknown neurosurgeon.
Mom: Somewhat self explanatory!

As a final act to the evening's post, I need mention that my cat can open doors. Even without opposable thumbs. So she is now no longer confined to my bedroom, and is wandering the house. Stacey saw her in the fireplace earlier this evening! She is on a chair near me looking quite happy and self sufficient. Hopefully she'll catch a mouse or something to prove her worth.
:)
Please keep praying, y'all!
a

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for socialized medicine. Welcome back to a first world country!

I am confused about the biopsy thing. Isn't a biopsy where they take a sample of Burl to test him? I don't know why one would be against a biopsy.... though I am sure there is (was??) a valid reason. :-)

xo

Shane

Jess said...

Yay Ande! Glad to hear you are getting such good care :)
And that you are back among family - you need that.
HUGS
Jess

JOY walks here... PEACE follows... COMFORT saves...

This is where life should be lived