Sunday, September 06, 2009

Appointment time!

On Thursday afternoon, I called the doctor's office and got....no answer.

On Friday morning I called and..... got an appointment! The receptionist was very nice, she said that they wanted to fit me in next week, but had no appointments left on Wednesday, the day they normally saw patients. But, she was going to see if the doc would see me on Friday. She would ask him and call me back. I gave her my number at work so she could call back and explained that I worked shifts. She said...you work in Lepreau? Why yes! She knew the prefix because she lives in Musquash! We're like sisters now. :)

She called me back with a 10:30 next Friday, September 11th, appointment time. Woohoo!

Interesting notes:
1. One guy I work with, his wife is my fifth cousin, and they were at the reunion in Caraquet last month as well. In fact, he was sitting two rows ahead of us, and heard me translating to Olive. He also noted the freakishly small chair I fell into. He also thought the speaker (who happened to be his father in law) went on far too long, and said that even if you were a francophone it was still boring.
2. One girl I work with, she is the cousin of the next door neighbor/childhood friend of my oldest nephew, and she hung out with the daughter of my cousin MM, who is not currently working for NRF but is working in Rad Control, and he was here last night. In my very office.

Tiny little world, or what?

No comments:

JOY walks here... PEACE follows... COMFORT saves...

This is where life should be lived