Saturday, September 26, 2009

Irritated - and someone may have to be harmed.

The back story: The company I work for, Skymedical, is subcontracted to NBPower to provide emergency medical 24/7 for the refurbishment. Skymedical provides a paramedic 24/7. During normal conditions, there is an occupational health nurse here Monday-Thursday and a ??? (guy we'll call Al - his qualifications are questionable) here Tues-Fri, both of these are during office hours. For some reason, the guy we'll call Al hates Skymedical. My first day, he ran down the company and my immediate supervisor, and even took a few potshots at the Skymedical owner. Being a person who doesn't give a crap, I didn't pay much attention. Someone said he wanted to work for the company, and wasn't hired. Someone else said he had a friend who was supposed to get the contract and didn't. He is a little little man, and all very short men have issues, in my experience. So, I ignored it. Who really cares? However, then Al gave my chest pain patient Pepto-Bismol and told him he didn't have to go to the hospital. And that was when I realized, this guy can be very dangerous.

Last week, an email came out to all Skymedical employees saying that a new schedule password would be issued because non-employees had access to the pswd, and that this password must be guarded with one's life, the schedule could no longer be viewed from the Health Unit computer, so this guy we call Al would not be able to access it. Apparently this annoyed him.

So, when Dr. Mowatt called for me at this number (why? Not sure The only reason they would have this number is because I called Dr. Wheelock's office from here...) He took a message. And then he took a little black book and put a sticker on the front that said "All skymedical employees must read this every day and initial to show that they have received the message." And then proceeded to write in there four pages of random things including "July 25: All employees must leave this book on the desk. Red book is to be put in cabinet." Until finally, at the bottom, the last message says:

"2009/09/25
Hi Ande, Dr. Mowatt's office called. Needed to get a hold of you before Monday. I don't have a list of Skymedical employee #s. I don't even know the password to know when your next shift is. Al."

Perhaps, then, dumbass, you could say - "No, I am sorry, she isn't working today, why don't you call her at home? Or on her cell phone? Or call her referring doctor?" But no, he takes full responsibility for something he has no intention of doing, getting the message to me. There was no call to my cell or my home phone from the doctor. Why? Because I am certain the "kind" gentleman at the HEALTH UNIT said he would take care of it. And we assume that other people will behave as professionals. Instead, this guy would prefer to inconvenience me and possibly impact my health, by making certain I have no way to get his message, just so that he can make the point to someone somewhere that his feelings are hurt for not being included with the new password to the schedule.

So, now, back to the most important part of this - why does Dr. Mowatt's office want me to call them before Monday? The options are not positive, with the worst being that my appointment has been cancelled. But hey, how would I know? Maybe they want me to fast for bloodwork? Maybe I am supposed to bring something else? No idea. :(

Ande

No comments:

JOY walks here... PEACE follows... COMFORT saves...

This is where life should be lived