Saturday, January 27, 2007

An Evenong with Me

I have spent a relaxing evening listening to DIY, doing a little scrapbooking and watching the cats run by. Got a call for a grass fire, it was suppressed by the brush truck guys by the time I got there. M is working on the Elrod's, so he has been gone all day, wierd day at the station without him. Driver operator class was as expected, a little disorganized, a lot boring. It was a good day with the boys, though, everyone was in fine spirits and goofing.

I did an excellent LO for HOF! I used the shark tank picture, that phenomenal one with the shark turning and the slide in the background. I intend to work on a few more this weekend, hopefully we'll get out early tomorrow and M will understand that I just want to scrap. (Yeah, right.) Let's see, I have one layout done, one partly done, one planned and one that needs some serious putting together. That is 4 out of ten. Ugh. I still have to do my monochromatic LO and my journaling and something

....sidebar - listening to the radio while drinking hot chocolate can be nasty - "subject has vomited and is having diarrhea" is not what you want to hear when looking into the murky depths of the cocoa cup....

anyways, and something with that gorgeous picture of Katie, something stunning. I want to hook up my printer so I can get ready for a couple of shots done with varied colors, like those ones of Mom with the colors that clash, redo them in gray-blue shades or something. My scanner is hooped, but I think I already have them digital. Still can't find the card with Mom and I's vacation on it. I need to back up my hard drive, by the way! I would hate to lose these pictures. Must get on that.

What day is February 10th? Let's see...if the 5th is Monday, the 10th must be Friday? No, I know it is Satuday because Tracy will be missing Driver-Operator class for Denton's test, and we only have D-O on weekends. That means I have all next weekend to scrap! WOOOOHOOOO! I can finish over the week and weekend and then send it out Monday or Tuesday, priority mail. YAH! There is still hope! No pressure, though. If I don't make it I don't make it. No big deal. The journey is part of the destination, right? Or whatever. No pressure. :)

Ok, I am feeling a little bit of pressure. I need to do a development schedule and a floorplan for the station by Wednesday night for the FD. Yugh. Too many cooks are spoiling that broth. Although, I probably won't have to go to El Paso this week now that Scott is there - thank goodness. But, I will have to work my asterisk off to get Beaumont done by Friday. I believe in me, I know I can do it. Life is ike this sometimes.

Anyways, I went in to turn on my binky and I guess I left it on all day. It is nice and warm already. Ooops. I must get to bed so I can get up in the morning.

No comments:

JOY walks here... PEACE follows... COMFORT saves...

This is where life should be lived