Sunday, January 07, 2007

M took me to Macaroni Grill for my birthday dinner and then we watched "The Break Up" on Pay per View. It was cute, but he talked through the entire thing. He has headed home, so I thought I would check in here before heading to bed. Tomorrow is the big day, so I have been contemplating what I will do.

Last year I went to the Kimball, but I may just stay home and save myself the drive. I am going to go out for ice cream cake, that is one thing for sure. And I will definitely mess around in my scrapbook room. I am working on some fun crafts right now, I have been making Christmas ornaments since November and I see no need to stop. LOL. I also have an shopping mall estimate I need to finish for a 26 acre property in California, so I will have to put in a few hours of quality time on that. (ugh.) I have a project in El Paso that is without a superintendent so I will be spending most of my week there, which cuts down on my desk time and makes it hard to do my normal work at work. Oh well, that's what they pay me for! Besides, when I went to the El Paso City Hall last week I noticed an Art Museum, so I may sneak away for a long lunch one day and check it out.

Not much new here, the natives have been remarkably well and there haven't been many fire/EMS calls, although we did get a funny one tonight. It was toned out as a structure fire, which is an "All-hands-on-deck, drop-what-you're-doing-and-speed-to-the-station" call, and the dispatcher's additional information was that the "Woman states her husband was at the neighbor's house, poured gasoline on it and lit it on fire". To which the natural response is "Is PD (Police Department) en route?" But of course, when all was said and done it was the neighbor's BBQ grill that said husband had lit on fire, not the house. People say the darnndest things.

I'll try to check in tomorrow and update my day.
me

No comments:

JOY walks here... PEACE follows... COMFORT saves...

This is where life should be lived